I am in love with DIY face & hair masks so I will be sharing quite a few of my favorites on the blog. I discovered this mask during my wedding. My mom told me it helps brighten your skin and remove and blemishes or acne so that your skin looks radiant for your wedding day. It’s used a lot in the Pakistani culture as a pre wedding beauty routine. My mom told me women would use this almost daily around the time she got married but because my skin didn’t need it I would apply it after every 3 days. It really did help improve my skin as all three ingredients are beneficial to the skin and body.
As my wedding is over I thought I would still maintain this in my skincare routine in order to keep my skin looking radiant. I only use the mask once a week as it does the job for me but if you have any blemishes or acne prone skin I would recommend using it after every 3 days until you see any improvement as all face masks take time to work their magic on your skin nothing happens on the first day of using any face mask DIY or otherwise.
- 1 Tablespoon Of Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 Tablespoon Of Plain Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Of Pure Organic Honey
- Mix all the ingredients together in a cup or bowl and this will make enough mixture that you will have a lot left over.
- Start by exfoliating your skin before applying the mask and pat dry don’t rub the towel on your skin. (I use St.Ives Apricot Scrub to exfoliate my skin with the help of my clarisonic brush)
- Once you pat your skin dry take an old foundation brush or paint brush and apply a thin layer of the mask all over your faces. ( You will feel the mask is very cool almost like a mud mask)
- Make sure to apply it where you have dark circles as it will help to reduce them over time.
- Let the mask dry completely for 30 minutes and then wash your face ( I first remove some of the mask with the help of baby wipes and then move on to wash my face properly )
- Again pat dry with the towel once you are done
- Apply a thin layer of SPF moisturizer after
*** If you want to see a tutorial on this I recommend checking out the link below if you are more of a visual person. The tutorial is by one of my favorite beauty bloggers Irene Khan so do check it out she even goes through her whole afternoon beauty routine in it but if you are just looking for the part on the face mask then watch from 1:05-2:23 for application and 2:58-3:15 for removal of mask. *** >>> Face Mask Tutorial 🙂
HOPE YOU LIKE THIS POST COMMENT BELOW IF YOU HAVE ANY OF YOUR OWN SKINCARE ROUTINES OR PRODUCTS THAT YOU LIVE BY. IM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NEW IDEAS 🙂