I have been oiling my hair religiously for the past few years because I started dying my hair a few years back and It wasn’t as healthy as it obviously would be before I started dying my hair. I oil my hair once a week regularly.
The Essential Oils I Use:
- Pure Coconut Oil
- Almond Oil
- Olive Oil
- Once the oil is warmed up I separate my hair into two section and also part my hair down the middle so that I can clearly see my roots.
- I work the oil into my roots first
- Then I proceed to work the oil all over my hair including the ends. Also be sure to apply the oil without soaking your hair in it. It doesn’t have to look completely oily it just has to be applied to the proper places which are your roots ends and mid shaft.
After Applying the oil into your hair create a bun or a braid to ensure that the oil is doing its job. >>>>
I leave the oil in overnight so it works its magic but if you’re in a hurry you can leave it in for 1 or 2 hours and then wash thoroughly.
Washing The Oil Out Of Your Hair:
I usually shampoo twice and then condition (Make sure you condition the ends of your hair thoroughly) Always let your hair air dry after because it defeats the purpose of oiling your hair if immediately after you use heat on it. If the oil doesn’t completely come out during the first wash then wash it again the next day the same way.
The Benefits Of Thes 3 Essential Oils:
- Stimulates Hair Growth
- Fights against Lice & Dandruff (Antibacterial)
- Makes your hair shiny and soft
- Prevents Breakage And Split Ends
- Rich In Nutrients (Vitamin E, K & Iron)
- Contains Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Phospholipids, Vitamin E, Magnesium
- Nourishes & Strengthens Hair
- Treats Hair Loss & Damaged Hair
- Silky Hair
- Controls Frizzy Hair
- Less Dandruff
- Strength & Shine
- Extra Softness
- Healthy Scalp
*** I also use Castor Oil on its own once a week in order to promote hair growth*** ( I will be posting another article on the benefits & uses of Castor Oil soon)